'JJOSXL: the Sampling Bible’ by MPC-Tutor is the world's only dedicated tutorial book the groundbreaking third party OS for the MPC1000/2500 - JJOSXL! With 125 pages of hands-on tutorials and practical music making projects for you to recreate in your MPC, this book comprehensively teaches you everything you'll ever need to know about the art of sampling in JJOSXL:
- Fully understand the destructive and non-destructive chopping processes
- Develop optimal workflows for chopping drum breaks and even entire songs
- Learn powerfull speed chopping methods
- Construct your own unique velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from chopped breaks
- Discover the many advanced uses of patched phrase loops
- Use sustained looping on chopped notes to create your own realisitc multisampled programs
- Utilise filters, tuning, effects, ADSR and other program parameters to customize your chopped programs
- Discover the different methods for implementing polyphonic and monophonic programs
- Create unique percussive effects from looped drum chops
- Produce your own songs and beats using nothing but non-destructive chops
And much, much more, including a breakdown of all the essential JJOSXL shortcuts and a beginners' guide to core MPC functions.
’JJOSXL: the Sampling Bible’ not only teaches you the technical ins-and-outs of JJOSXL, it also strongly focuses on building the essential creative skills you need to write great music and beats in your MPC. Each chapter is broken down into a number of practical beat making projects written in a no-nonsense, step-by-step style, with clear MPC screen shots and all the files you need to recreate each project in your MPC while you read along - giving you a fun, hands-on learning experience to quickly master the complexities of JJOSXL.
If you are an MPC head that uses the MPC 1000 or MPC 2500, whether you’ve thought about using JJOSXL or if you already use it, you should probably have this one in the library. Andy’s books are always well written, concise and full of useful tutorials and reference material. Do yourself a favor and check this out.
Corry Banks, BBoyTechReport.com
This book is suitable for anyone who owns an MPC1000 running JJOS2XL 3.20 or greater or an MPC2500 running JJOS-XL version 3.20 or greater. From learning the basics of chopping, to developing workflows that suit your own unique style, right through to building your own songs and beats using chops of vintage blues recordings and even entire classical music pieces, ‘JJOSXL: The Sampling Bible’ is the easiest way to quickly become a JJOSXL sampling master!
- Contents: 125 page PDF ebook, plus over 200 example tutorial files
PDF, JJOSXL project files & WAV files
MPC1000 running JJOS2XL 3.20 or greater, or MPC2500 running JJOS-XL 3.20 or greater
- Author: Andy Avgousti ('MPC-Tutor')
- Delivery: Download instantly after purchase.
- Price: $24.99