I’m happy to announce the release of my new JJOSXL tutorial book, the ‘JJOSXL Sampling Bible‘. This is the first and only tutorial book written for JJOSXL, with 125 pages of JJOSXL tutorials specifically about the creative uses of sampling in JJOSXL with plenty of practical, step-by-step beat making and song creation projects for you to recreate in your MPC as you read along.
- Fully understand the destructive and non-destructive chopping processes
- Develop optimal workflows & techniques for chopping drum breaks and entire songs
- Learn accurate & fast chopping methods along with advanced pad previewing options
- Build velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from chopped breaks
- Master the more advanced uses of the patched phrase feature
- Use sustain looping on instrument chops to create multisampled notes and programs
- Utilise filters, tuning, effects, ADSR and other program parameters to customize your chopped programs
- Discover the different methods for implementing polyphonic and monophonic programs
- Loop individual drum chops for unique percussive effects
- Create your own songs and beats using nothing but non-destructive chops
Every aspect of JJOSXL sampling is comprehensively covered using a variety of drum breaks, instrument loops, complete songs and even classical pieces, to quickly teach the skills required to make your own music using JJOSXL. The book is fully compatible with any MPC1000 running JJOS2XL 3.2x and any MPC2500 running JJOS-XL 3.2x (3.26 was the version at the time of publication) and is available as an instant digital download – for more information, check out the JJOSXL Sampling Bible at MPC-Samples.com.
Feb 22, 2013 6:54 am
Where are all the “beat making for the mpc 4000” tutorials?
Can I use the sampling bible with the 4k?
Mar 1, 2013 12:47 pm
The JJOSXL Sampling Bible is only suitable for JJOSXL. I hope to make some tutorials for the 4000 in the future!
Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am
Still thinking about tutorials for the JJOS128XL? Thanks
Apr 9, 2013 10:59 am
Glad I found this its a great book even suitable for beginners and covers advanced topics
Apr 9, 2013 11:00 am
Thanks Mike, I appreciate the feedback!
Sep 25, 2019 5:12 pm
what is the difference between the Sample bible and the chopping bible?
Sep 25, 2019 5:21 pm
Chopping Bible was an older edition, the newer updated edition was renamed the sampling bible as it covers significantly more than just chopping
Feb 1, 2021 5:09 pm
Is the sampling bible compatible with JJOS2XL 3.7 version?
Feb 1, 2021 5:12 pm
Yes, should be fine with any version of JJSOXL from 3.4 upwards.
Sep 26, 2019 6:34 pm
Thank you so much for clearing that up! I have another question, is the ebook Beat Making on the Mpc 1000 compatible with jj os2xl or just the fe akai and jj os software?
Sep 29, 2019 6:04 pm
No, it’s not compatible with JJOSXL, only the free JJOS and the official Akai OS.