I’ve just released is my latest tutorial book, ‘MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio: Sampling Laid Bare‘, the first in a series of books for the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio. It focuses entirely on teaching practical and creative sound design, sample editing and program construction within the MPC, jam-packed with 270 pages of in-depth tutorials on a range of sample-based MPC workflow topics including:
- Comprehensive coverage of all chopping features, with a speed chopping workflow guide
- Practical uses of all program parameters
- Sample recording and resampling
- Creative sample editing and sound design techniques
- Advanced drum layering examples
- Looping breaks and instrument samples
- Building velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from drum multisamples
- Creating realistic instrument emulations using both DRUM and Keygroup programs
- Essential tips, tricks, tweaks and shortcuts to help streamline your day-to-day workflow.
Each tutorial takes a hands-on, step-by-step approach with clear screenshots (from both the LCD and the computer environment) and all the MPC project files you need to recreate every tutorial within your MPC as you read along. ‘Sampling Laid Bare’ is fully compatible with both the MPC Ren and MPC Studio.
With its intuitive structure and jargon-free approach, this book is ideal for newcomers to the MPC world while also providing the vital information legacy MPC owners need to quickly and effortlessly adapt their existing workflow to the new computer/controller environment.
‘MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio: Sampling Laid Bare’ is the only tutorial book in existence that covers the MPC Ren and MPC Studio, and can be downloaded instantly after purchase.